This soup normally happens when I have odds and ends leftover in the fridge. And get creative - you can certainly substitute any of the ingredients in this nourishing soup - like sweet potatoes for regular potatoes or chickpeas for white beans. Anyway it’ll be wonderful. Although humble this is absolutely a favorite of mine. I love it for breakfast on those cold wintery mornings. Yum!
- 2 Russet Potatoes, cut into 1 in pieces
- 4 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 - 1 ½ cups cooked White Beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of Kale, thinly sliced
- Add all the ingredients into a pot, except for the kale.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add in the kale and simmer another 10 minutes.
This soup gets better over the coming days and the flavors meld and intensify. Serves 4.