This mineral packed sea vegetable is a phenomenal kidney tonic. Its boost of calcium, magnesium and iodine also support thyroid health, especially when paired with heart healthy fats like avocado. This is favorite of mine topping the infamous avocado toast! You can also serve in a roasted veggie bowl or delicate topping to stir fry.
2 cups dried Arame
2 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
2-3 scallions thinly sliced
Serves between 2-4 people
- Soak the arame in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil.
- Add arame and boil 10 minutes, remove, drain and rinse.
- I like to use as little water as possible, so that when the arame is removed you can then reduce down the broth to 1-2 Tablespoons and add this mineral rich broth back into the dish.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Add in the arame and the couple tablespoons of the reduced broth.
- Mix to combine and serve as desired.