Lentils can be incredibly detoxifying to the blood. Combine with the clearing properties of the Mache, and this salad is a definite yes for this Earthy season we are entering. Serve warm to ease digestion.
- 1 cup cooked black lentils (warm)
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 cups Mache or Lamb’s Lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
**Makes 2 servings
- Cook lentils according to instructions. They should be tender but not overdone.
- In the meantime combine olive oil, mustard, lemon, oregano and olives.
- Toss the lentils on this dressing.
- Serve over mache.