This time of year, turning on the oven is an absolute no-go. I love cooking a batch of this chicken every couple of days to use in salads and sandwiches. It is tender, flavorful and delicious.
- 1.5 lbs of organic chicken breast
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 1 T sea salt
- 10 peppercorns
- Filtered Water to cover
- Add the chicken to a medium sized saucepan with lid.
- Top with herbs and salt and pepper.
- Fill saucepan with water.
- Heat over low heat for 20-30 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
- You may need to adjust the cooking time based on the size of your saucepan and the thickness of the chicken. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees.
- Once cool, remove the chicken and chill in the refrigerator. Use as desired.