Celery is a wonder-food, supportive of the springtime cravings of the Liver. In Chinese medicine, when the liver is able to work more efficiently, blood flows more freely to organs such as the heart and digestive organs. Celery has traditionally been used for millennia as an anti-inflammatory food and a diuretic to de-bloat the belly. This is a quick, light and easy meal – perfect for this time of year.
- 1T coconut or sesame oil
- 4 Scallions - julienne
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- ½ in knob of fresh chopped ginger
- 6 stalks Celery – julienne
- 3 Carrots - julienne
- ½ pound of diced tofu or julienne chicken – dredge in cornstarch or rice flour
- Up to ½ c chicken or vegetable broth
- Limes & cilantro to garnish
- Sesame Seeds to taste
- Heat the oil in the pan. Once warm add ginger, garlic and scallion. Sautee until fragrant.
- Add the celery, carrots. Stir.
- Add the dredged chicken or tofu and broth. Cook thoroughly until chicken is no longer pink.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and garnish with fresh cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Serve over your favorite rice or in lettuce cups.
**Serves 2 people