This is a decadent no-grain side dish. Requires a bit of prep work, but equally yummy served warm or cool. I love this with a beautiful grilled flank steak and big arugula salad.
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 lb of tiny fingerling potatoes
- 1 teaspoons high quality smoked Spanish Paprika
- 2 T - ¼ c mayonnaise, depending on your taste
- 2 sliced scallions
**Makes 4 side servings.
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain. Break into large pieces with fork.
- Meanwhile, heat bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon, chop finely, and set aside.
- Add diced onion into the skillet with bacon fat and saute until brown and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add in paprika, stir and remove from heat.
- In your serving bowl, combine potatoes, mayonnaise, onion mixture, chopped bacon and scallions.