Looking to incorporate more veggies into your diet? This is the perfect winter plate. I love to eat lightly for dinner and this plate is warm and nourishing, but you’ll never feel too heavy afterward.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed of extra leaves
- 1 honeynut squash, halved and de-seeded
- 1 carton of cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Serves 2 as a main 4 as a side.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a large baking tray, place cauliflower, squash halves and mushrooms.
- Toss all the vegetables in sesame oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle turmeric over the cauliflower head. This will make it a beautiful golden color.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- You may need to add ½ cup water to the bottom of the baking pan if your home or oven tends to be on the dry side just so veggies don’t dry out in the roasting process.