This is a quintessential recipe to make this amazing bitter green. Enjoy as a side or combine with pasta and parmesan for a quick dinner.
- 1 head of broccoli rabe
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
Makes 4 side servings
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water to boil, heavily salted.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water to the side of the stove to stop blanching.
- Wash and chop the broccoli rabe into 1 inch pieces.
- Toss into the boiling water. Boil for one minute.
- Remove and place in ice bath.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic in a saute pan until the garlic is fragrant.
- Toss in the broccoli rabe and red pepper, heat until warm.