This low sugar delight is one of my absolute favorite breakfasts or desserts. Chock full of fiber and dense nutrition, we use honey as a light sweetener. While spicy ginger and cinnamon warm the digestive system, making this a perfect way to start the day.
- 3-4 peeled and sliced Granny Smith Apples
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbls Water
- 1 cup Oats
- 3 Tbls Butter
- 1-2 Tbls Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice apples.
- Toss with ground cinnamon and ginger and place in a buttered baking dish (8x12in).
- Pour the 2 Tbls water over the top.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and oats with fingers until it resembles a crumbly mixture. Spread over apple mixture.
- Drizzle honey over the top of the oat mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until apples are tender and oats are crisped up.
- Serve warm. Eat plain or top with almond milk or plain yogurt.